iCasting is an online platform for the entertainment industry where clients and talent can find each other fast, easy and free. The platform serves the entire market, from novices to experienced professionals, including actors, extras, models, and dancers.
"We match talent with clients not only according to their appearance, but also their knowledge and specific skills," said CEO Esmée Pater, as reported by Emerce.
With the new funding iCasting plans to further its growth, expanding both within Europe and to the USA. The startup also plans to add new features to its online platform.
According to iCasting there are currently 900 client companies and over 30,000 entertainment professionals using the platform. Right now the service is free to use, though the startup says it plans to role out different revenue models in the future.
Read more: Startup Juncture
- Fintech API platform TrueLayer secures $3 million to expand its team prior to launch
- Belgian job recruitment startup Sympl raises €1.1 million
- Marriott Hotels calls on tech start-ups to help to “shape the future” of travel
- Google launches digital academy in London to help up-skill UK start-ups
- UK Edtech startup Mrs. Wordsmith has raised £2 million to digitise the dictionary for kids
- UK-based MelodyVR raises £5 million to bring live concerts to viewers everywhere
- Helsinki-based Singa raises €1.75 million to digitize the global karaoke industry
- Amsterdam-based Aidence raises €2.25 million to improve healthcare with computer-aided diagnostics
- London-based music startup Mogees closes a $1.1 million funding round with the former CEO of EMI
- Konetik closed an investment round and finalised its move to Berlin after the Brexit