The strategic investment, which will inform the company's growth, values the company at $45 million. Lead investor Kichi Invest is the investment firm established by Fredrik Wester, CEO and cofounder of gaming company Paradox Interactive. Wester will be joining the board of Epidemic.
“Our business has rocketed in the last two years as we have continued to provide music for the big Hollywood studios and the more traditional video production companies as well as soundtracking a large proportion of the videos online,” said Oscar Höglund, CEO of Epidemic Sound.
The company currently employs 80 people through its offices in Stockholm, Amsterdam, Madrid, Hamburg, and New York.
“During the last eight years, Oscar and his team have quietly built one of the most interesting SaaS companies in Europe,” added Oscar Ingdahl, CEO of Kichi Invest. The company now boasts a global customer base, a healthy seven-figure revenue and powers a large proportion of the mobile and online media industry with a recurring subscription model for music - investing was a no-brainer for us.”
- Fintech API platform TrueLayer secures $3 million to expand its team prior to launch
- Belgian job recruitment startup Sympl raises €1.1 million
- Marriott Hotels calls on tech start-ups to help to “shape the future” of travel
- Google launches digital academy in London to help up-skill UK start-ups
- UK Edtech startup Mrs. Wordsmith has raised £2 million to digitise the dictionary for kids
- UK-based MelodyVR raises £5 million to bring live concerts to viewers everywhere
- Helsinki-based Singa raises €1.75 million to digitize the global karaoke industry
- Amsterdam-based Aidence raises €2.25 million to improve healthcare with computer-aided diagnostics
- London-based music startup Mogees closes a $1.1 million funding round with the former CEO of EMI
- Konetik closed an investment round and finalised its move to Berlin after the Brexit