Amsterdam-based Panasonic Cloud Management Services Europe BV (PCMSEU) is being acquired by Texas-based Eagle Eye Networks. No terms were disclosed.
Panasonic Cloud Management Services Europe was created in 2013 following Panasonic’s acquisition of CameraManager.com, a Dutch startup making cloud video surveillance products.
The company will be renamed Eagle Eye Networks BV. It will serve as the US company’s European headquarters and will retain all its employees. With the acquisition, Eagle Eye Networks attains two further data centres in the Netherlands. Eagle Eye Networks currently has data centres in the UK, US, Canada, and Japan.
The newly named company will be investing in more global markets. “[The deal] will greatly enhance our sales and support efforts in the European market,” said Dean Drako, CEO of Eagle Eye.
PSMCSEU’s Rishi Lodhia and Tijmen Vos will continue as managing director and technical director respectively. The company’s Panasonic Cameramanager product will be renamed Eagle Eye CameraManager.
- Digital investment manager Scalable Capital raised €30 million
- Alibaba May Bring ‘MaxCompute’ Big Data Service To Europe
- Google Faces A Record €1 Billion EU Fine
- Mobile marketing firm MOBKOI bought by You & Mr Jones
- Huawei Makes Commitment To Digital Innovation In Europe
- Courier services marketplace Packator gets €2 million to expand throughout Europe
- Pressured in Europe, Facebook details removal of terrorism content
- Macron says France must be country that 'thinks and moves like a startup'
- Racist post fines on social media firms illegal: German parliament
- Snips, an AI voice platform provider, raised $13 million Series A