In the spring of 2016, the Berlin-based startup Packator launched a new on demand solution for pickup, packaging, and delivery. After a series of test runs in selected metropolitan areas, Packator has now been released Germany-wide with a more focused, demand-driven business model. Since then, Packator has developed into a marketplace for all courier services, striving to make the booking of courier jobs as simple as possible.
Entering the second investment round with a streamlined concept, Packator convinced past shareholders and won additional investment from the German billionaire Horst Julius Pudwill. Pudwill is also an investor of the soccer club Hertha BSC Berlin. Altogether, Packator has accumulated a new capital injection of €2 million for further development and growth.
Officially founded in 2015, Packator aims to become the world’s leading solution for private as well as commercial customers to book couriers online in a simple and transparent manner. With its marketplace, Packator offers a simple booking portal for customers and a steppingstone for courier services towards digitalisation. The courier services that cooperate with Packator have access to the Packator system and can integrate it into their own solution.
If you need to book a courier, with Packator you can do so online exceptionally fast and with full transparency of the price. Packator relies on a network of experienced courier partners all over Germany, as well as leading global logistics companies. As a customer you can enter your pickup address, destination, size of the goods to be dispatched, determine the date of pickup, calculate the price, and choose a payment method. You can also keep track of the status of your shipment through constant updates.
The next step for Packator is to expand throughout Europe, and with the help of the network of the company’s new investor, the Berlin-based team also plans to test the viability of the Packator platform in Asia. The ultimate vision is to become the global one-stop-shop for courier services.
- Digital investment manager Scalable Capital raised €30 million
- Alibaba May Bring ‘MaxCompute’ Big Data Service To Europe
- Google Faces A Record €1 Billion EU Fine
- Mobile marketing firm MOBKOI bought by You & Mr Jones
- Huawei Makes Commitment To Digital Innovation In Europe
- Pressured in Europe, Facebook details removal of terrorism content
- Macron says France must be country that 'thinks and moves like a startup'
- Panasonic's Amsterdam division acquired by US firm Eagle Eye Networks
- Racist post fines on social media firms illegal: German parliament
- Snips, an AI voice platform provider, raised $13 million Series A